Monday, August 13, 2012

Meteor Shower

I so wanted to see it - the meteor shower. However, as is often the case in my middle aged life now, it didn't happen. Oh, I went out there. First out to the front yard - beautiful night (I looked Saturday night), about midnight - stars were bright - sky was beautiful. Didn't see anything, so after about 2 minutes tops, I went into the house and out the side slider and sat on the patio, intending to wait the suggested hour to see something. Well, you guessed it! After a few minutes, I was snoring in my chair! I was in bed by midnight fifteen, and no awesome sky show did I see! My spirit was willing, but my flesh was weakened by this new found, (menopause induced, I suspect), love for sleep! When I was younger, I slept much less. When I was in college, I slept about 2 hours a night and functioned well. When my children were babies, I hardly slept a good deep sleep at all, always keeping one ear open in case they cried. As my kids aged, we were up and at 'em early for hockey practice, school functions, on and on and on. Then when they were teenagers, I couldn't possibly fall asleep before I knew they were safe and sound at home with me. So I guess maybe I'm catching up. Now I live alone and have only my schedule to dictate when and how long I sleep, and I find that I LOVE to sleep. Couple that with the fact that sleeping is not frustrating for me as it is for some of my friends. What I mean by that is, I've always been able to fall asleep easily and quickly and stay asleep. My head hits the pillow, I'm out. It's a good thing, really.

So I hope some of you had more gumption than I and got to see firsthand, the beautiful display in our sky this past weekend. I congratulate you, and I'm just a tad jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment