Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cookie Day 2012

It was our annual cookie day! I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cookie day! This year I ordered myself an early Christmas present of ceramic penguin measuring cups and spoons. They arrived today - 1 week late for cookie day - oh well! Anyway, I love all the fun, the chaos of the activity, the hustle and bustle of people working, talking, laughing, eating. It makes my house feel alive and it makes me feel like I'm a part of and connected to something bigger than myself. I always make a huge, I mean huge, roaster of chilli (it's a tradition now and you already know how I feel about traditions) for us to all eat for lunch. We invite our "boys" to come join us for lunch and test taste the cookies. Each year there's different cookies, different people, but in the end, I think a good time is had by all. This year we had a handful of  younger bakers who enjoyed trying their hands at doing some baking. They're the ones we took pictures of of because they were so cute. The beneficiaries of these cookies you ask? Well, each person brings some containers to take some home. Mine end up as a tray for the office for the rental community where I live, and a box for my mail lady. Otherwise, I eat them. My kids eat them. My customers eat them. We all love them. Life's short so eat more cookies and have more fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment