Friday, November 30, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Yep! It happened. Despite the debockery (sp??) of the day after Thanksgiving where Mother Nature froze out our annual tree picking out adventure, yesterday Tanner and Amanda came by and took me to Talbot's to get my tree. Now if you've ever gone on one of these tree finding adventures with Tanner (or if you know Tanner or even remotely know anything about Tanner), you know we were gone 4 minutes longer than it takes to drive from my house to Talbot's Tree Farm and back. Plus 1 minute to throw it in the back of my car! lol! Tanner's very decisive when it comes to Christmas trees. May I say, my living room smells fantabulous, as my tree awaits it's destiny of being decorated. It's very crooked. However, Tanner assures me he can create the illusion of straightness once the branches have relaxed, by manipulating the way the tree trunk is situated in the tree stand. Time will tell. Here's a couple of pictures to photo document that this happened. On a side note, one of my customers told me recently that she was talking with her granddaughter about baking Christmas cookies with her when she was young. The granddaughter (now a grown woman in her 30's) vehemently proclaimed that she didn't remember ever baking cookies with the grandma. The grandma hates to bake, but did so to make memories with the granddaughter. The moral of the story? Always photo document what you do as one day you may need proof that you did it! ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment