Sunday, February 23, 2014

Here I am!

You thought I went missing, eh? Nahh - just regular life. You all know the story - long lists of laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, working, babysitting - yep, that's about what I've been doing since I talked with you last! Time flies!

Last night some of my family got together to celebrate some of our February birthdays (busy month of celebrating for us!). Anyway, one of my nephews who will turn 7 years of age this Wednesday, asked me a deep question. I don't know why he asked this question - what was his motivation or why he was thinking about this, but he did, and he was intent on my answer and I failed time and time again! The question from this almost 7 year old was, and I quote, "if you could go back in your life to one day, which one would it be?" His rules were simple - it had to be an important day. Wow. I said I didn't know, that I'd have to think about it and get back to him - unacceptable. So I said there were many important days in my life, after all I was alot older than he - unacceptable. It quickly became evident that I was going to have to dig deep and answer this question with some sense of seriousness or he would be forever disappointed. So I told him that the day Barry was born, the day Mallory was born, and the day Tanner was born were all three very important days in my life. He responded by saying, "no - it has to be a day that was important to YOU!" I explained to him that the day someone is born is not just important to the person being birthed, but also to the mom - the person doing the birthing, and, for that matter, that day was important also to aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters, and grandparents - that, as a matter of fact, the day he was born was also important to me. He seemed totally unimpressed with my answers and moved on to a game of checkers! So now, of course, I'm thinking about all this. Hmmmmm...would I ever actually go back to a certain day and if so, for what purpose - to change something? to experience something again? Food for thought from an almost 7 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment