Saturday, March 15, 2014

I messed up!

I hate, absolutely hate to make mistakes. This past week I made one - didn't hurt anyone, really, but I was sooooo mad at myself for doing something I considered so stupid and it ended up costing me a little time, but nothing major. What happened was I forgot that someone had to change their appointment - actually I remembered the texting conversation, I just forgot to officially change it on my calendar. So I sat here and waited for someone to show up who wasn't even coming on that day. No big deal - EXCEPT that I am so intolerant of myself when I do avoidable things like that - I wasted time, I had much to do on my list, and I just was generally unhappy with myself. For quite awhile. Now, if you had done that, I would say, "hey, no big deal, no harm no foul, quit being so hard on yourself - we all make mistakes, everything works out for the best in the end". However, I do not give that same grace and mercy to myself. Hmmmm....perhaps that's an area I need to work on. I am, after all, human just like everyone else. Maybe I need to cut myself some slack, quit expecting myself to be a super human, and accept myself as I am - mistakes and all. Hard to do when our whole world seems to judge each other by our performances, etc. I so want to be different from that. I so want to accept everyone, including myself, with all our flaws. Not that I don't want to push myself to be the best I can be, but feeling so horrible just because of a short amount of time that I wasn't being productive...well, I guess that speaks volumes about me, now doesn't it? Go easy on yourself today - look at yourself the way you look at others - be loving and merciful!

No comments:

Post a Comment