Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Last week



Here's some of what you've missed since last Tuesday's snow day - sorry! I'm really going to try to keep you all better updated! There was work, there was drumming, there was wedding stuff, there was football, there was a concert, there was pizza, there was more wedding stuff, there was church, there was work, there was laughter, there were tears, there was the realization that, try as I might, I just can't keep everyone happy and can't do everything everyone wants me to, there was the discussion of time zones in Kentucky, there was information about Batman legos, there was the reading of the completely appropriate plaque which said, "I laughed so hard, tears ran down my legs", there was more snow, and, oh yeah how could I forget the "blooper" of the week. While at a wedding meeting at my church with my pastor's wife and several church members, while attempting to say "that's for safety sake" I instead blurted out in front of everyone, "that's for safe sex". Don't ask me how or why my tongue wrapped around my teeth in quite that fashion, but it did, and that's not necessarily a crowd you want to say such things in. Needless to say, I was mortified, the kids laughed and laughed and were still laughing later when they called to remind me of what I'd said. Ahhh! The joys of being old, stressed, menopausal, and apparently at times no longer in control of one's own faculties. It was quite a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment