Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Forgiveness

When something comes to my attention three times in a relatively short span of time, I take notice. Maybe it's a new product I need to look at, maybe a new service I need to offer, maybe a book I should read.....anyway, this past week two of my customers and one of my friends each started a conversation with me about forgiveness. Interesting. Not sure how that all plays out for me, but I do know that because of my past work in learning to forgive, I was able to share a couple of facts with them that hopefully were helpful. First, not forgiving someone hurts ourselves. It eats away at us, chipping away at the very fiber of our being, not to mention we tend to dwell on it in our minds, constantly keeping the "offense" in the forefront of our minds, thus causing us to act accordingly. Next, people don't always ask for the forgiveness we think they need, and therefore, sometimes we choose to forgive someone who has wronged us just because we still want them in our lives. End of story. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and make a choice for the betterment of our lives. It brings a wonderful freedom to our lives when we give up our "right" to be mad and hurt, and choose instead to extend forgiveness and kindness. Try it today - you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment