Monday, July 11, 2011

A great sadness



Last week our dog died. He had been our friend for almost nine years. He had been sick recently. At the risk of sounding like an old country western song, I'm sad. Real sad. Just like we do with people after they die, I've forgotten all the times he aggravated me or annoyed me - he was just there everyday when I came home from work - and, as anyone who knew him knew, he didn't become friends with people really easily and he was scared to death of children (a trait he developed very early on when some children hurt him). So if you tried to get in my house uninvited, well let's just say I felt very safe and confident that no one would be able to get in my house without an invitation - sometimes it was difficult with an invitation - lol! He will be missed. Sometimes our four legged friends are nicer and more loyal to us than our human friends and family. Wasn't it nice of God to give them to us - for however long.

No comments:

Post a Comment