Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tan man's birthday!

Today is my youngest son's birthday. He turned 26 years old today. I wish I had more time and knowledge and was more electronically savvy so I could show you cute pictures of him when he was little. Suffice it to say that I, like most mothers I know, cannot actually embrace the fact that my youngest child is really no longer a child, but a grown man with a beard and everything! What does that make me? An old woman? But I digress and refuse to go there tonight. Let me just spend these few minutes telling you some things about my Tan man (as we have called him affectionately for years) that are very special and make me especially fond of him. Tan man is very sensitive. He cares about people and their feelings. So much so that he went to great links for 17 years to ensure that I didn't find out that he really didn't like nutcrackers - that the whole thing had been a misunderstanding and the boxes and boxes of nutcrackers that had been collected over the years for him actually held no value for him and could be discarded. Loaded with a great sense of humor, he brings calmness to many situations. He's always loved to read and loves books, currently devouring Crossroads, the newest book penned by favorite author, William Paul Young. He is a wonderful massage therapist and one of the smartest people I know. Great with kids, I know he will make a wonderful father some day. When he was young, he was very quiet, conversing with literally almost no one. He didn't speak to his kindergarten teacher until well into the second semester that year, not even telling her he was left handed when she tried to make him write with his right hand. He hoodwinked me into taking a lawyer to dinner (for his 6th birthday), tried to force me to buy Rogaine for him (at age 6), and cheated at Uno every time he got the chance. He has brought so much joy and laughter to my life and the lives of his siblings. Our lives are much enriched because you are in them, Tan man, and we are very thankful to God for giving you to us. May this next year be your best one yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment