Monday, January 2, 2012

An experiment for you!

One of my friends posted this challenge to us all: write yourself a letter, dated 12/31/12 - yep, not 12/31/11, but 12/31/12. Write this letter in the past tense, going over all the things that "happened" this year. For example, "this past summer, I purchased a new car - I love it! It's just what I needed with plenty of room to transport my massage chair, and my massage table if I need to. It drives really comfortably, and gets great gas mileage". That's an example of something my letter might say. The point of this exercise is to set your intention and make a plan, so to speak. To put into words the things that "might" happen for you this year, write them as if they have already happened, then see what actually does happen. It's an interesting exercise in not allowing life to just "happen" to you, but to see that you really do have some input into what occurs. I'm planning to try to get this accomplished sometime this week. I'd be interested to hear what you think about this and what things your letter might say! Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment