Friday, January 13, 2012

Shoe was on the other foot!

Well, this week I was supposed to do chair massages on Thursday and Friday, as I do every 4th Thursday and Friday, in Peoria. Since my car is of questionable ability, and my tires are of dubious quality, and the weather forecast was formidable to say the least, I decided it would be wise to pack my stuff up Wednesday night before all the fun began and head over to stay with my daughter and son in law in West Peoria - well, not really West Peoria, but over a little past it. I think it's officially after West Peoria, but before Norwood. Anyway, that way, I'd be closer to travel in the snow the next morning to my destination. I got all the little runnings done, did up the dishes, cooked some food for Tan man for while I was away, and headed out. Well, as you all know by now, Peoria got hit way worse than Pekin, and I was snowed in Thursday and part of Friday at Mal and Patrick's - not even making it over to do chair massages! The shoe was definitely on the other foot, as they fed me, let me sleep in the good bed, and basically just spoiled me rotten - it was fun! We watched tv, ate, and got a bunch of things ready in Spencer's room - won't be long now til, as Maria says, "he's out!". Actually, Maria thinks all babies get cut out - hmmmm. Anyway, sometimes it's nice to have a completely unplanned, not by the book, interruption in what you expect to happen. When it comes your way - enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment