Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well we did it. We made it through 2011. It doesn't actually seem like that long ago that it was the end of 2010 - but I guess that kinda shows my age - mom always said the older you get, the faster time goes. Go figure. Anyway yesterday was a splendid day. I putzed around my kitchen - one of my fave things to do - made some cookies, made a casserole for Tan, did some dishes, put some oil in my car (yes, it is still running, thank you for asking!), did a little personal end of the year candle ceremony, and packed up and headed over to Bloomington where I met up with 3 of my good friends for an afternoon/evening of fun. We went to see the movie, "We Bought a Zoo" - it was really good (the popcorn wasn't bad either!). Then we drove by that house in Bloomington where they have all those lights synchronized to Christmas music - it was fascinating! Back to our friend's house we went where we ate dinner, had snacks, popped some Christmas crackers (thus the crowns on our heads in the pictures!), and played a game. It was great fun and so nice to spend the last day of the year with friends. I stopped briefly by the store because I forgot to buy navy beans for the traditional Moldenhauer New Year's Day dinner of ham and beans, then home to watch the ball drop, and catch some zzz's. A wonderful day full of fun and activity.




No comments:

Post a Comment