Sunday, June 20, 2010

Journeying

Ok - now for those of you who are already thinking - "great - Deb's on one of her 'adventures' again and trying to drag us all with her" - well, you're right! Although I won't try to divulge and possibly bore you with all the details of the journey I am personally on, I will try to communicate to you through this blog, some of the issues that I feel are important to us all. Hopefully, you will enjoy this journey also, even if only vicariously through me. I am doing two different, yet similar, paths on this journey at the same time. Dumb? Perhaps. Overwhelming? Not yet. In one of the instructions, I came upon a 7 day challenge that I would like to pass on to all of you. In a nutshell, these paths are currently dealing with letting go of negative things that subconsciously hold us back from being whatever we should be...healthy, happy, whole - whatever. Anyway, this challenge involves an action from us that requires us (some of us more than others) to use a little control. The challenge, should you choose to accept, is this: do NOT complain for a full seven (yes 7) days - not even to yourself in your head! The author of this book assures us that our lives will change because of just this one adjustment. Why you ask? Because when we are complaining, we are constantly focusing on, obsessing about, concentrating on, the negative things in our lives. And why seven full days? Because, according to this author, the first few days, a few complaints may slip through - it will take the full seven to get into the new habit of not focusing on the negative. Your mission, should you choose to accept it with me? The next seven days, no complaining! Let me know how you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment