Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mont Rest

Earlier this week, some friends and I went away for an overnight trip. I called it my "mother of the bride" trip, designed to relax and recuperate after my daughter's recent wedding. The trip, in a word, was fabulous. It is going to take me several blog entries to provide you with information detailing just how fabulous it was, as well as my photo documentation.

We started out, six older women travelling in one van. Laughing yet? You should be. Just getting our bad kneed, bad backed, overweight (in my case) bodies packed into the van with our luggage (and some of us have luggage, let me assure you!), provided quite a bit of laughter. Susan graciously allowed us to take her van. Marilea brought cookies (which were delicious and we all bugged her for the recipe [and the last cookie, if I remember correctly]) and grapes. We had our mapquest print outs and we were on the road! Cries of "are we there yet" soon wafted from the back row and the next 3 hours or so were filled with laughter.





No comments:

Post a Comment