Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pieces of wisdom

I completely finished reading my book and the supplemental information that was published with it and I would like to share a couple of "nuggets of wisdom" I gleaned from reading this final chapter.
"You are always governing your mental feast. During the day thousands of thoughts, suggestions, opinions, sights, and sounds reach your eyes and ears. You can reject them as unfit for mental consumption or entertain them as you choose." Wow. As I'm learning more and more what a huge part my brain plays in this adventure called life, and how much goes on "behind the scenes" so to speak or without my conscious realization, it is invigorating to embrace the truth that I have some control over what goes into my mind and subconscious. It's actually very freeing to realize I play a part in this and am not just a helpless "victim" of today's media blitz on tv, radio, video games, etc.

"The negative flood of thoughts came to him as often as fifty times in an hour; each time he refused to open the door of his mind to these gangsters, assassins, and thieves which he knew would only rob him of peace, wealth, success, and all good things." I found it very interesting that the author labeled negative thoughts as "criminals" basically - things that could steal from us the very things we wish for in this life - happiness, peace, love, success, etc.

It has been very enlightening and encouraging to read this book and try to see things from another perspective - I love to learn new things and to have my old thinking challenged. Sometimes I take in the new and discard the old - sometimes not, but either way, it is a good idea, in my opinion, to keep my mind open to viewing life and it's happening in new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment