Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's all in your head!

It's all in your head - life, that is. Much of it is, as they say, "between your ears". Sometimes I think we forget how much control we have over a situation by controlling our thinking. When we constantly meditate on how bad things are or what bad might happen to us, pretty soon, bad things are happening to us, and things do seem pretty bleak. Coincidence? I think not. I have really been challenged to examine the things in my life that I don't like or that I think should be different and starting to change them by changing my thinking. Our minds are very powerful tools in the scope of what our lives become. What's inside becomes outside - as a man thinks in his heart, so is he - I could go on and on but the main point again here is that what we think about and dwell upon is truth to us and becomes our actual experience. But here's a revolutionary new thought - we don't have to just settle for that. If you are a person who tends to hang on the negative side - you know, glass half empty kind of person, you can change that - when you become aware that you're thinking and talking negatively - stop in your tracks! Reverse yourself - think of something good, kind, someone trustworthy and loyal - go to your "happy place"! Just a suggestion, but slowly but surely I believe we have the ability to change our lives and ultimately our world for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment