Sunday, October 9, 2011

Autumn!



I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year. I love how everything looks, sounds, and smells. Favorite memories flood my mind as the fall arrives. Yesterday, my mom, my aunt, and I went over to the orchard and got some apples - you can never have enough - I'm already wishing I had gotten more. We love to eat apples in a million different ways - from pies, to pancakes, to bread, to cake, to fried, to sliced, etc., etc. Working up apples reminds me of all the fall seasons past when my grandma and my mom made applesauce - we kids loved to use grandma's "squisher". Now, when I make applesauce myself, I tend to just make the "chunky" kind because, guess what? Someone has to clean that wonderful "squisher" and it's kind of a pain! Anyway, peeling apples will be taking up my spare time in the next few days - that's kinda good because I still need to be off my foot a little bit. It's a wonderful world!


No comments:

Post a Comment