Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cooking!

What is it about this time of year? The temperature? The product availability? The season? The cravings? I don't know, but this time every year I get on a full out binge to cook. All sorts of stuff. In the last couple weeks I've made vegetable soup, barbecue, apple pie, pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing, roast, etc., etc. and I have dancing in my head ideas of corn flake candy, apple cake, applesauce, fried apples, pumpkin roll, and on and on and on. I can't quite put my finger on the cause but everyone seems to enjoy being here when I hit this mode - there's always lots of leftovers and plenty to share around. It's not that I don't like to cook other times of the year - it kinda reminds me of when I was a grade schooler and every year right before school started, mom took us shopping to get some new clothes. Not that we didn't get some new things along the year when we needed them, but every fall we got new clothes. It seemed very weird when I didn't get to buy new things every August! This is kind of my replacement maybe??? Who knows. But for now I am enjoying exploring new recipes and using as guinea pigs whoever happens to be around!

No comments:

Post a Comment