Sunday, November 13, 2011

Disappointed

One of the things that is hard for me to accept as truth is that all of us, in the human race, do not adhere to the same basic moral standards for living. I know, of course, that everyone looks at and interprets things and happenings differently - that each person has their own set of rules, if you will, of what is more important to them, etc., etc. However, I have always chosen to believe that each person deep down was born with a moral set of primary do's and don'ts that we all adhere to. That is not truth - I want it to be truth - but it's not. One of those being "if it's not yours, don't take it". Friday there was a mix up on some things I ordered being delivered to "1904" (my house number) but one street over - all our houses look alike in this rental community, so this mistake, especially after dark (which seems to happen at mid-afternoon now - lol!) is a very easy one to make. When discovered (about 11:00 p.m. Friday evening), I drove over to the next street only to see the box was gone. Hoping the people who live there had taken the products inside for the night, I drove back over at 7:00 Saturday morning and left a note on their door - I don't know the people who live there and didn't want to wake them if they were sleeping. I asked them to call me, explained what I needed and gave them my phone number. No call. I stopped by their house around 2:30 Saturday afternoon and rang the doorbell - no answer. My note was still hanging there, and as I usually go in and out my garage door, I figured they might not have seen it yet. I came back to their house at about 7:30 p.m. - this time I could see as I turned the corner that their lights were on and people were in the house. I rang the doorbell, knocked, rang the bell, knocked - they weren't answering, but I wasn't budging. Finally the door cracked a little bit (I figure it must have been a child), a man yelled, and the door slammed shut. Ok - now I'm mad. I knock again - I am not leaving. Finally a lady probably in her 30's comes to the door. I apologized for bothering her and explained that I thought my box had been dropped off there by mistake - that it was Avon. She said "oh - maybe - ummmmm let me see". And slam goes the door again. Immediately I knew - I wasn't getting my stuff. She came back to the door and said there was no box and only 1 sack and "he" had put it back out there, knowing she doesn't order Avon. Really? You expect me to believe that. I am so disappointed - it's Avon. It can be re-ordered, it can be listed as a loss on taxes for my Avon lady. That's not the point. You flat out took my stuff and looked me in the eye and lied to me. You weren't even going to open the door, but I kinda forced the issue by planting my oversized rear on your front walk. Really? Is this what our world has come to? Oh, and by the way, I don't live in New York City or Chicago or any of those "big, bad cities" where we've grown to expect people to act like they have no integrity. Nope. I live in little ole' Pekin. Sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment