Monday, November 21, 2011

Oops!

Went on a Peoria Charter Coach bus trip this past Saturday to Gifford, Illinois - some of you may have called it "Gordyville"? I have no clue, but it's a small town over by Champaign and every year the bank sponsors a huge craft show - with Christmas purchasing in mind, I'm sure. Over 300 vendors under one roof with one of the churches selling lunch as a fundaiser and little booths of "snacks" scattered around like candies, roasted nuts, sliced apples with caramel - well, you get the picture. It was very well organized and great fun. The cost was only $29 and I thought it fabulous that I didn't have to mapquest directions, worry about construction or weather, and definitely great that we got dropped off at the door and didn't have to walk miles after parking way far away. The only sadness of the day was when I looked down about 3:30 and realized I had lost my bracelet. I checked with lost and found and no one had turned one in. We checked when we got back on the bus to no avail and even mentioned it to our bus hostess should anyone turn one in. It wasn't expensive, so I put it out of my mind. After arriving back to Morton, we grabbed a bite to eat and went our separate ways. When I got home I went in to the bathroom and, yep, you guessed it! Oops! There laid my bracelet on the sink counter. I had taken it off to wash my hands earlier and forgot to put it back on. Hmmmm. It's getting to where I hate to trust anything that comes out of my mouth anymore - lol! Oh yeah - on a better note, I did pick up a few Christmas stocking items and a birthday present for my bro (he's getting older next month). If you ever get the chance, it is an event worth attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment