Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

My kitchen is a flurry this morning - I'm trying to be "uber" organized! I have a "master" list of everything I need to do, then a "daily" or "deadline" list of things that have to be done by WHEN they have to be done. Do I spend too much time maintaining my lists? Perhaps. But with my forgetful brain sometimes (reference previous blog's admission of the "lost" bracelet that actually never was put on!), this system seems to be working. In my garage are turkeys thawing, and at times, things cooling. In my kitchen, the dishwasher's going, there's a pile of dishes ready to go in the next load, and a menagerie of canned goods, rolls, ingredients, etc., waiting to be turned into scrumpdelicious dishes. In my refrigerator, there's one salad done and refrigerating! One salad is waiting for it's chopped nuts (chopper is in dishwasher - bad planning, eh?), and one salad is in the making. Next will be starting desserts, then showering and going to work - oh yeah, I do have a job - duh! Then tonight will be finishing desserts, setting tables, vacuuming, folding laundry - maybe sleeping a tad before turkey cooking begins. It's all so fun - I always say it takes days to create all this, and in about 15 minutes, it's done! lol! But there's just something about specially planned dinners that bring people together. We are lucky in that we have extended family to get together with, then my children and I are always blessed to have guests who choose to come celebrate with us. Amidst all the activity, please take time to be thankful - there are so many who don't have all we have - not just the groceries and the warm house, but no one to love and care for them. I am feeling especially thankful this holiday season for the mates Barry and Mallory have chosen - I feel confident that they love my children and will share a long life together. And someday I know Tanner will find that same kind of person. What are you especially thankful for this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment