Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lent

I am not Catholic by faith, but I did a little research on the subject and decided I wanted to take the time traditionally known as lent, and participate in the giving up of some habit or action that I would like to rid my life of - or at least try to. Anyway, for lent this year, I decided to try to give up (or at least lessen the occurrence of) road rage in my life. I have to say, as lent comes to a close, I have done better about this. Is it completely gone from my driving experience? Well now, that depends on how you define "rage". Do I still say things to people driving around me who, in my opinion, did something not so intelligent? - Yes! (And, yes, I am aware they can't hear me!) But do I yell and holler and say sometimes not so nice words to them? - No! I at least have started thinking before I let myself get all upset by something that doesn't matter that much in the long run anyway. Progress? I think so. Will I slip back into road rage? Hopefully not. Time (and a road trip) will tell! Did you give up anything for lent this year? Let me know how that went for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment