Thursday, April 26, 2012

My brother's keeper?

Well, here I am, able to blog. I say that, not only because my life has become unmanageable again and it's taking all my time just to function, let alone breathe, but also because my recent blogging experience, where everything was changed and I couldn't quite figure it out quickly has subsequently been changed again, and it literally took me a few days of quick glances to figure out how to make a new post. Holy cow, when will this madness end? Ok, got that out. Fasten your seatbelts, because I might have to get a new phone soon - lol!

While up to my eyeballs in the practical details of life, it occurs to me that we very seldom realize how each thing we do affects (shoot - or is that effects? I never can remember) those around us. We tend to believe we live in our own little bubble where we control the temperature, the schedule, the happenings, and the heck with everyone else, this is how I'm doing my stuff. Yet that is not truth. Everything we choose to do causes a little (or big) ripple in the large pond of life. Whether you are aware of it or not, matters not - it is still truth. You run a yellowish-red light real quick? People travelling the other direction are going to have to wait on you. Running a little late for work? Someone else may have to deal with your clients until you get there or your clients may have to wait on you. Those are just minimal examples of a principle that works all the way from small, miniscule decisions, to big whopping "I got to tell somebody about this one" decisions. We are all connected as humans sharing this living space whether we want to admit it or not. So make sure you remember - in some ways, you ARE your brother's keeper, so think about that before you make that next choice.

1 comment: