Friday, April 20, 2012

Magic

One of my favorite words in the English language is magic. Before you get all worried and excited, I'm not talking about wizards or witches or even the tricks performed at a kid's birthday party (not that included in that group aren't some very entertaining movies, etc.) No, I'm referring to the connotation of magic that conjures in my head when I hear that word. I think of the magic of a flower opening in the spring; the magic of leaves changing color; the magic of a smile that seems to brighten up the whole area surrounding someone. Anyway, magic is such an exciting, positive, intriguing concept - in a sparkly, glittery sort of way, of course. It's the wonder of making something happen for someone that looked impossible; the look of utter bewilderment combined with awe and anticipation engulfing the face of a child on Christmas morning. Those are the kinds of pictures that run through my head when I think of magic - magic: when something previously thought to be impossible or improbable happens. I hope you have some magic in your life today! And I hope you turn around and share some magic with someone else, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment