Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Today I received the surprise of my life. My children brought me an early birthday present. Here's a picture of Spencer, trying it out.


Yes! My children got me a piano! I could hardly believe my eyes when they had me come outside to see my present - a piano, sitting on my sidewalk! Of course, you all know of my love for music, my attending college on a piano scholarship, and then having to give away my piano when I moved to this current location (and secretly regretting it daily), so you all realize how much this gift means to me. Not only that, but they bought this piano in less than pristine condition and Barry and Tanner cleaned it, and sturdied the bench, and stained it - on and on! So not just money, but love went into this gift and it made this momma oh so happy! It is set to be tuned in three weeks, but that didn't stop me from playing away this evening. Who knows, maybe my grandchildren will want lessons one day, so I have to get practiced up!

No comments:

Post a Comment