Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Coming Home!

Three weeks ago tomorrow night I travelled to O'Hare airport driving a van filled with 5 travelers headed to Guatemala; two weeks ago tomorrow night I travelled to O'Hare airport driving a car with a traveler and a passenger - traveler going to Guatemala. Tomorrow night I will once again make the familiar trek to O'Hare by myself (other drivers in 2 other vehicles to convoy with me!) to retrieve 5 of the travelers returning from Guatemala. I'm sure they will have so many stories and pictures and hugs and kisses to give us. My children have grown and part of them live away from my actual home now, but it's still "different" when someone is out of the "nest"; i.e., out of the central Illinois area. Just always feels a little better when everyone is back where they came from, safe and sound. Traveling to a place like Guatemala reminds me again of how blessed we are here in America. Simple things we take for granted are luxuries for them. We should be very thankful for the life we live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment