Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sadness

It is with a heavy, concerned heart that I attempt to pen my feelings in this blog tonight. In the last several days there has been news of so much sadness in the lives of people I know: a friend diagnosed with a horrible disease; a friend/customer (single mom with a daughter in 1st grade) fired from her job; another customer (single mom with 3 small children) laid off from her job; trouble between some family members; re-organization at a big business leaving several without their jobs - the list could go on and on. It makes me sad to think that all of this is going on around us all the time. My world is small and limited - these are just a few examples of what's happening everyday in much larger proportions. Normally, I would try to find the "silver lining" and say all the cliche things that are supposed to make everyone feel better. But tonight, I just want to ask God's mercy on all of these situations and allow myself to feel disconcerted for the trouble befalling those I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment