Thursday, March 17, 2011

Here we go!

Well...this is it. After months of planning and purchasing and decision making and dress altering and on and on - it's finally here. Tomorrow begins the weekend of my daughter's wedding. So much activity and chaos make it hard to decipher what's really happening inside my heart and mind but I think it's a mixture of being sad she's leaving my home and being happy she's grown up to be such a fine young woman and being excited to add Patrick and his family to our family and many more mushed up things just waiting to pop out whenever they have the chance. I really intended to force myself to have a "meltdown" today because I was afraid if I didn't break down before the actual wedding ceremony, I would really "boo-hoo" then - but I was so busy today trying to get things done I wasn't able to take the time to sort through enough to let it happen. So I'm not sure - perhaps I will be so caught up in enjoying the moment I won't cry until later. Be assured it will happen - just seeing my three kids come down that aisle together will bring tears and tons of emotion, I know it will! So thus starts the next leg of the journey. What will it hold? I don't know - I only know this - during this time of getting ready for Mal's wedding I have begun to look at circumstances and people differently and have finally been able to set some much needed boundaries in my life. I expect that will make things different in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment