Saturday, March 5, 2011

All things wedding!




If you walked through my house right now, it would be like walking through a labryinth or a maze. There's boxes of wedding and reception stuff literally EVERYWHERE! What fun! The wedding is just two weeks from today and is consuming most of my thoughts and energy and time. It has been such a privilege to be involved in this wonderful event. Weddings (or any big event that requires you to work with and interact with other people) provide a myriad of opportunities for biting your tongue (to keep snide remarks from passing through your lips), restraining your fingers from typing (such as stopping yourself from commenting on facebook), or perhaps just driving your car across town and running over someone - ok, just kidding on that last one! Seriously, though, helping plan this wedding has given me ample opportunities to take the high road and be kind - when others weren't kind to me, be gracious - when others weren't dependable, be thoughtful - when others had no thought for my feelings. Oh, there's been times when I've said, "hey - enough!" But overall, it feels good, whether anyone besides me knows it or not, when I've sacrificed and done something kind for another person. Plans are moving along, last minute touches are being applied - here's a couple pictures of the some of the younger members of the wedding party decorating their shoes. Lots of fun memories have occurred. I think I like it that I won't have to look back and wish I wouldn't have reacted to someone or something in a negative manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment