Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wedding Aftermath

Well, this past week has just flown by and I don't think I've accomplished very much. It's almost like I was on overload, moving so fast for so long to get to this wedding, that now I that I slowed down a little, I can't get myself moving! Well, that all has to end now - my house needs a complete overhaul, there's taxes to do, my main computer's still broken, and on and on and on. We'll get these kids off to their honeymoon tomorrow, then let the mundane process of re-doing begin - it seems like the house is really quiet and slow moving these days. Our out of town guests have all travelled back to their respective homes, and the hustle and bustle of all things wedding has ceased. I certainly realized alot while working with many different people for a large event like this and may I just say, it saddens me greatly that our society as a whole has become the kind of people we are. But I can only change and work on my corner of the world, so I hope I will take what I have seen and make effort to ensure that my life doesn't exude any of those offensive qualities I have observed in this process. That old saying, "all that glitters isn't gold" comes to mind. So we'll see what's on this new horizon - I've made several pieces of jewelry for sale in my shop (since my inventory was very depleted), did a good cleaning there (it needed it, too), and have been working more with our dog - he's not been feeling well and has required a trip to the vet and a trip for the vet to come to our house. He appears to be feeling better, so that's good. And now I'm just rambling, so I'll quit. Everything's slowly getting back to normal - thanks again to all of you who helped out with this event which consumed my life for awhile - it was a huge success and I'm very grateful to all of you who helped make it one.

No comments:

Post a Comment