Monday, April 25, 2011

Jammin'

Here's a picture of some of the participants of "open mic" at The Cooler last night. The Cooler is a small establishment in East Peoria, and on Sunday nights they have what they call "open mic", which I found out is time set aside for local people to just show up and sing or play their instruments. My son in law, Patrick, and a couple of his friends host this adventure on Sunday evenings, which means if no one shows up to play, he and his friends provide the music. Last night they talked my brother, Jim, (in the center playing the guitar) and Robert (on the right side, also playing a guitar- you might remember Jim and Robert were the 2 guitar players at Mal and Patrick's wedding) into coming and jamming for open mic. I wasn't there, but Mal sent me this picture from her phone - looks like some serious playing is going on to me! In case you don't know, Patrick is on the left singing (Jim's playing his guitar), and friend Dave Frye is in the back playing the big bass. Jim was, I believe, just an unsuspecting member of the crowd when several people "chanted" his name loudly until he agreed to join in the playing. No matter, my brother is such an accomplished musician, he is able to pick up and play about anything. Nice to see you with a guitar in your hands, Jim - hope you had fun!

1 comment:

  1. hurray! i love to see jim with that guitar in hand! what a talent.

    ReplyDelete