Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Fly by December!

I feel like we just did a quick "fly by" December....and now it's almost gone. Christmas is a time filled with love, laughter, disappointment, sadness, even grief for some. It seems the emotions of the season are usually amplified. Although it has gone by so fast, and things were very different for me this year (and probably will be from here on out), it was a wonderful season of celebrating life, our loved ones, and, of course, the gift of life that is the reason we celebrate at all. I hope to post a couple pictures here soon - I actually was so busy at both of my gatherings this year that, unfortunately, I didn't snap pictures much. Suffice it to say, everyone loved their presents, I always enjoy being with those that I love, I got a chance to secretly bless a couple friends, and see our church's Christmas production. I hope to yet drive through the East Peoria lights this week and celebrate New Year's Eve with some friends and New Year's Day with my kids and grandkids. The holiday season will then be complete, and we'll be looking on to what the new year holds. For now, I hope you had a fabulous Christmas season - that you were blessed and you got a chance to bless someone else. And most of all, I hope you had time to thank God for sending Jesus to this earth for us. That, after all, is at the center of our celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment