Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Change - it can't be stopped!

Change - you already know how I tend to feel about it - I don't like it. In my head I'm fine with it, but when it happens I react inside in a way that allows me to realize that, really, hands down, I don't like it. I'd like to think I'm open minded and laid back and a "go with the flow" kinda girl, but as I get older, well I just ain't! Change is happening all over the place around me. My family did not observe our traditional Thanksgiving get together and things are definitely changing all the way around for Christmas this year. But the weirdest change of all that I am experiencing is that I am cold. Yes cold. I have always been a person who's the warmest in the group - my cheeks are red an flushed when everyone else is just comfortable. Someone told me this would happen as I got older, but I honestly didn't believe her. I thought she was being funny - I thought she was kidding - I thought she was lying. She was right. Tonight as I sit here typing this I am literally freezing. My thermostat is set several degrees higher than it's ever been before. I am wearing jeans and a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. I am so sorry to all of you who have always been cold when I was hot. It's miserable. What's my hope? Soon I'll change back!

No comments:

Post a Comment