Thursday, December 23, 2010

Change your perspective!

Tonight I got together with a couple of friends to have dinner and exchange our Christmas gifts. Of course, you know me by now - I LOVE to analyze, over-analyze, and then analyze again the things that occur. Well, yesterday and today were particularly long days at work for me, plus I've got some sinusy thing happening and, well, anyway, suffice it to say, it's been a couple long days with no relief in sight - I'm way behind. Ok, so I get ready to leave my friend's house because I still have to go to get some groceries for tomorrow night and Saturday (I picked Wally World because they're open 24 hours - just shoot me if I do that again - I still have to go to a grocery store tomorrow because they were out of soooooo many things), and I can't find my gloves. Now these are 99 cent gloves I just bought and are special to me because they each have a penguin on them. 99 cents. But they are special to me. I typically roll up my scarf, roll my gloves together and shove both pieces in my coat sleeve. The three of us looked literally EVERYWHERE! We searched our bags, the floor, my purse, the bathroom, behind the couch - you name it, we looked there. My friend even felt so bad for me (I did whine) that she gave me a pair she'd bought that hadn't been worn yet - but it wasn't the same. (no penguins). Finally, I sat down and my other friend got on the floor - we tried to look around at a different level - and lo and behold, I glanced over by the wall, and there, rolled up in a ball, underneath a plant, where I feel relatively sure they would NEVER have been found, lay my gloves. The moral of all this detail and subsequent analyzing? When you can't figure it out, change your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment