Thursday, February 10, 2011

February - a busy month!

February has come around way too fast since last year - I guess I say that because my birthday is in February, so I'll be changing the digit of my age this month! We also have at least 8 or 9 more birthdays to celebrate in February plus Valentine's Day - whew! Good thing I don't have a special Valentine to lavish with gifts this year - lol! I used to buy little Valentine's gifts for my kids - they probably thought I was nuts! One year I remember I bought them each a red stuffed M&M character - how goofy is that! But I wanted to take each and every opportunity I had to let them know how much I loved them and how glad I was to be their mom. As they have gotten older, I don't give them silly presents or candy anymore, but I think they still know I love them and am very proud of each of them. If you don't have a special "significant other" this year to surprise with a valentine gift, maybe you could pick out someone who won't receive a special valentine this year and treat them to lunch or Starbuck's or something nice like that. I know from experience that those kind of surprises mean alot to the receiver, and make the giver feel pretty good, too. Happy heart month! Enjoy and spread the love around!

No comments:

Post a Comment