Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pressure!

Wow - it's amazing what pressure, aka stress, can do to us, isn't it? It effects our health, our emotions, our attitudes - just to name a few. As we are all under massive amounts of time deadlines, financial stresses, planning and organizing chaos, etc., etc., here at my house, the pressure, aka stress, is mounting, and we all deal with that differently. I've always kinda been amazed at how people seem to deal with grief and mourning totally differently and I've come to the conclusion that demands on our time, finances, and emotions (just to name a few) are the same - each person reacts differently. The key then, I assume, to maneuvering these waters safely, would be to understand that and perhaps overlook some things?? However, when does overlooking a moment when someone just "snapped" give way to excusing bad behavior and avoiding setting boundaries where needed? Hmmmm...food for thought - of course, you know I have been aforetohere (is that a word or did I just make it up? - I hope I made it up, because I LOVE making up new words!) accused of thinking a bit too much! Anyway, whether it's good stress (such as helping plan a wedding) or negative stress (such as grief at the passing of a loved one or financial difficulties), be aware that sometimes that extra added pressure can cause our "pots to boil over"! So breathe deeply, soak in these nicer temperatures and catch the bits of sun available, and try to "put a lid" on your pressure today! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment