Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Blind Side

Today after church and lunch, my friend and I finally went to see The Blind Side - what a touching story. I know, it was a movie, and I'm sure there were some embellishments for Hollywood, but underneath it all, what a cool movie depicting a wonderful gesture and commitment to helping our fellow man. Aside from the fact that Sandra Bullock (one of my personal faves anyway) was absolutely amazing in this movie, the bottom line here is one of reminding us of something that, I personally believe, is one of the things God expects of us on this earth - here is a family that went out of their own comfort zone to help another human being. And, as a side note, I saw part of a tv interview with Michael Oher who now actually plays football for the Baltimore Ravens, and he was so sweet and humble - I was really impressed with his demeanor. Anyway, on the way home we were talking and were saying how in all actuality, if each Christian did one thing - if each Christian family took in one person who needed help, if each person looked around and met one need for someone less fortunate than themselves, what a better place this would be, and how much more of God's love would be spread around. See anyone around you less fortunate or who needs a little help? Maybe there's something you can do to meet their need. Think about it. We can all do something - maybe not as encompassing as taking another person into our home forever, but something. And who knows how that one little something might change another person's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment