Friday, January 1, 2010

First Day of the New Year

Well..hmmm..not too much exciting to report. I began the lovely chore of taking down the Christmas decorations. It seems like putting them up is so much fun, and taking them down is, well, a chore. I leave a few "winter" decorations out, but most of the pretties get put away. We are doing some re-arranging at our house, so this weekend (except tomorrow - work) will be filled with that kind of stuff - re-arranging, packing up, etc. Of course, I made the Moldenhauer traditional ham and beans for new year's day, but forgot to buy cornbread mix, so we missed out on that this year, since it was literally too cold for any humans (mainly me) to be out! Someone sent me a video clip about 2010 and how it was going to be the year of, among other things, "demystification". Hmm. I thought about that awhile and decided that one of the things I enjoy about life is the fact that it mystifies me most of the time. I often don't see things coming, if you will, and that kind of makes life a little more fun for me - it makes the ride a little more spontaneous and surprising. I'm sure this piece on 2010 wasn't exactly talking about mystification in that regard, but that's what it made me think of. The whole piece was actually about creating a positive life for ourselves by following our dreams and generating positive energy as opposed to always being negative. Good thought. So for this upcoming year, let's expect positive and encouraging things - and hang on - who knows what kind of a ride we might be in for!

No comments:

Post a Comment