Thursday, January 21, 2010

Never say never

You know how you say (or at least I've been known to say) "I'll never do such and such" or "I'm never going to do that again", then low and behold, within about 6 months (or longer) you find yourself doing exactly the thing you swore you'd never do? How does that happen? Do I just not know myself or is it that the very thing I concentrate on and say I won't do, comes back to haunt me so to speak? Do I bring it on myself by my insistence and concentration of energy and thoughts on that idea? Who knows? But it seems to be true more than not, and actually, kind of comical when I see it happen to someone else! I have quite a list of things I said (if even only to myself), "that's something I'll never do", yet here I am. I guess maybe now that it's happened to me so much, I should pay attention to what I say I'll "never ever" do, then get prepared, because I'm probably going to soon find myself in the middle of doing exactly that!

No comments:

Post a Comment