Monday, January 4, 2010

Ticket

When I moved into my new house in Pekin this past spring, I noticed alot of the cars were parked on the street facing the opposite direction. When you come to my house, you enter the subdivision, then go to the last street and turn left, then my house is on the left. So it's easier to come that way, and consequently just park facing that way in front of the house. I thought about it briefly when we moved in, but not really very long because I park in the garage (one of the benefits of being the old one!). At first when we had the garage full of boxes and I had to park on the street, I would turn a block early, go all the way down the block, then turn and come all the way up my block - about a 3 minute venture, in all honesty. But soon, I just travelled all the way down to my street and parked the wrong way. That's the point - it's still the wrong way. Anyway, we've lived there 8 months now and literally, every single car on our side of the street parks that way. So the other night, Tanner got a parking ticket - along with every other car on our side of the street. A policeman had apparently gone by and ticketed every single car. What's my point? Two fold actually. First, even if no one sees you, wrong is wrong; and secondly, beware - it's so stinking easy to fall into doing something not quite right, just because everyone around you is doing it and getting away with it. Oh yah, and I noticed this a.m. when I came to work - everyone was parked pointing in the correct direction on our side of the street. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment