Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Disappointed

This is my niece, Maria, on Christmas Eve. There she is all decked out in her paper crown that came out of our Christmas crackers. Her expression is just how I feel today. You know how you try and try and try and try to make something work out the way you want it to, and in the end (whenever that eventually comes) it just ain't gonna work out that way? Well, that's where I am today....grieving a little, disappointed alot, wondering what's going to be around the corner. I know I think it would be better for me if things happened the way I want them to (there's that ugly control problem again!), but, perhaps down the road I will see that this will be for the best. So I'm going off to practice that look - I know I won't be as cute as she is when I do it, but at least on the inside, I'm going to let myself have today just to scowl - tomorrow I'll be looking at a bright new day, and we'll see what's on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment