Thursday, March 18, 2010

Disappointment

People are disappointing...and sometimes (more and more often lately) rude. I'm not sure what's happening around us, but it disappoints me and makes me sad. People generally don't seem to be caring and kind to one another much anymore. Yesterday I was speaking to a receptionist at a doctor's office when she just got up and walked away. We waited 2 1/2 hours to see the doctor for literally 5-6 minutes, and no one seemed too apologetic about it. I could give you tons more examples of broken promises, rude encounters, etc., etc., but my point is that I'm hoping I can use this observation to make sure I'm not acting like this! Am I doing all I can to be helpful and kind and tolerant to those around me? Can my behavior be perceived as rude? I hope not. It's hard for me to believe that people generally want to be seen as behaving in this manner. Today I'm going to set a goal to be extra kind and considerate to all those I encounter - hopefully it'll rub off and if we all do this, there will at least be a few people around us in a more positive venue. Maybe we really can be the change we want to see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment