Monday, March 15, 2010

MS awareness

Last week was MS awareness week. The lady pictured above was on the Jumbotron in New York City. Three other "spokesmodels" had their pictures apparently spread around in national magazines (although I couldn't find any in our area and I'm not buying and reading one more People magazine just to try to find them!) to increase our awareness of this awful disease. This lady is of special significance to me, because she is the sister of a girl I met in massage school in California. Her family asked me, and I considered it an honor to, come to Colorado a few years ago and work with her in massage. I considered it a great privilege and was impressed with how positive her attitude was and how genuinely happy she seemed. Her name is Kathy and if you think of her, say a quick prayer - especially if you are one of us who thankfully are not afflicted with this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment