Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Morning at Home!

This is my home (at least part of my living room). I love spending time here.
This is Pockets resting after we played.
This is Pockets - just daring me to try and get his bone.
This is us playing, but Pockets moves too fast for my camera!
And this is his favorite squeaky, squishy bone - yep, the same one that Apollo "plays" when we have parades through the house, while everyone else is playing shakers and drums!

Today my "work day" doesn't start until 1:00, so I had the seldom experienced opportunity to be at home by myself all morning. I love to be home sometimes - and today, I feel sooooo productive! I got up, took Tan man to work (his truck's in the shop), took the garbage to the street (because we forgot it last week, I wanted to get it out early), folded a load of laundry, put in another load of laundry, made a grocery list and a to do list, ate a bagel (while watching Joyce Meyers on tv), caught up on e-mails and facebook, made two massage appointments, unloaded the dishwasher, re-loaded the dishwasher, played with Pockets (really that only took about 10 minutes and we were both worn out!), took some meat out of the freezer for dinner, researched phone plans on the internet, hung up 2 battery operated "tap" lights in my pantry (so I can actually see what food's in there!), and cleaned out that cupboard where all the plastic ware is. Now, if you know me, you know I hardly EVER throw out a plastic container - Cool Whip, sour cream, you name it - you can wash and re-use it. It drives my kids nuts. And typically when you open up this cupboard, something (usually a lid) falls on your head. So today (and my kids will be so glad to hear this) I cleaned out that cupboard. If it has a lid, the lid is on it and it is stacked neatly on the shelves. If it doesn't have a lid or if it's a lid without a container, it is headed for the garbage. So if you kids have anything without a lid or a lid without a matching container, let me know soon, because these things are going to be history! Now I'm off to the shower and to work, but I'm very thankful for this morning - just some time to catch up on some stuff and be in quiet for awhile. Hope you get a chance to just "breathe in" a little bit this week, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment