Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sometimes it's hard

Did you ever have to make a decision to do something that you deep down knew you needed to do, but you really did not want to do? Isn't it hard? And yucky? And disheartening? And unsettling? Hmmm... Why can't things just work out the easy way once in awhile? I think one of my really weak areas is that of discipline and making myself do things I don't want to or not letting myself do things I really want to - even when it isn't the best for me. And so in this position, I always do the same thing...procrastinate. I put it off, put it off, and put it off, until I'm so agitated and stirred up about the whole thing, I have to deal with it. At this point I begin to rationalize and make excuses for not doing what I know I need to do. I wish I could just listen to my inner self, be obedient, and have the confidence and security to make the decision to follow along my path. But I guess therein lies the truth - it's the walking the path, doing the journey that makes me who I am and helps me learn my lessons, not just the arrival at the new place the easiest and quickest way.

No comments:

Post a Comment