Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sorry!

Ok, so I feel so badly about being away from my blog this whole week - not that I think anyone really reads all this jibberish, but I think it's therapeutic for me! Anyway, I have an urge (although I'm not Catholic, and no disrespect intended at all) to start by saying, "forgive me readers, for I have sinned - it's been 5 days since my last blog entry". Anyway, it could be because I don't feel like I've had anything substantial to contribute, and quite possibly because the couple of times I've started a blog discussion with myself, it's sounded really negative, and I've been on a kick to make my corner of the world more positive, as I'm not liking the negativeness that seems to come with this menopause thing and the sheer rudeness I am running into all over the world these days. So, last night I went drumming in Bloomington - fabulous. We are figuring out more beats and sounding better all the time. The ones who have been more shy about drumming are banging much harder on the drums and feeling more comfortable with it, which is great. Drumming is all about several things for me, at least. It's therapeutic for me, it's release of frustration, it's community and building something together in sound, yet letting me express my own individuality, and of course, as with everything I like to be involved with, it's fun! Today some friends and I are travelling to Joliet College for an indoor pow wow, and tomorrow Tracey and I are going to a rock show. Busy weekend - lots of fun. I'll post some pictures when I'm back home. In the meantime, maybe you'll want to think about taking on the project of make your corner of the world more positive - we can make a difference, one corner at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment