Thursday, April 22, 2010

Emotions - yuk!

Lately my emotions have been very close to the surface for some reason - actually, I don't know if the reason even matters. Maybe it's my age, maybe it's my hormones, maybe it's my circumstances - who knows. All I know is it's happening - and I don't like it. It makes me feel vulnerable and alone and kind of scattered and discombobbled - kind of overwhelmed. And it's rather hard to sort it all out - what is my issue, what is someone else's issue, when to say something, when to just be quiet, when to correct something someone else misunderstood, when to leave it alone - and on and on and on. I've been kind of swimming in that sea of feelings and confusion lately, and well, to be perfectly honest, it ain't a fun place to dwell. I don't wish to reside there anymore. Anyway, as if real life isn't challenging enough with all it's relationships and their adjoining issues, here comes Facebook. Isn't this fun? We can all see each other's pictures and know what everyone else is doing and thinking at any given moment of the day. And one by one people ask to be my "friend" and that makes me feel good that they thought of me, and then - WHAM! someone "de-friends" me! What the heck is that all about? I don't even get a notice telling me I've become unworthy to be a "friend" to this person? One of my children had to tell me I'd been "de-friended" - I didn't even know, I'm so challenged. Now, I'd like to think that on a "normal" day, i.e. when my emotions weren't in charge, I would have said, "oh - sounds like that girl has some issues" (since I was only one of quite a few "de-friends" she laid out recently) - but not today - OH NO! I feel rejected, not liked, upset, and de-valued. And, what about my other friends that were her friends, too, but she didn't de-friend them? Shouldn't I expect them to de-friend her and remain loyal to me? Crazy, eh? But when something so descriptive as "de-friended" hangs behind your name, you kinda feel a little defective. Maybe not everyday, but today. Hopefully just for today, this bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment