Sunday, April 25, 2010

A little help from someone upstairs

Friday I came to the realization that I had a huge problem on my hands. I offer a raindrop therapy treatment that is not purchased by my patients very often (although it should be, in my opinion, because it is a wonderful and beneficial treatment!), and so I need to refer to my notes and my book when I perform one of these because I need to make sure the order is always done correctly. Anyway, I always keep the book with my notes inside under the basket containing the oils it requires on a shelf in my shop office. Thursday night one of my patients asked if she could schedule a raindrop therapy treatment for the next morning, and I said sure. The thought fleetingly went through my mind on my way home late Thursday evening that I hadn't noticed that book being on the shelf lately. Last October when we remodeled the shop, I had taken most of my things home for a few days for the laying of the floor, but I had brought the oils back, so I was sure the book was there. Come Friday a.m., I went into the shop extra early to review and prepare and, you guessed it, no book ,no notes. I was frantic. I looked on every shelf, unloaded every cupboard, opened and emptied every drawer in the office, but to no avail. I thought and thought about it and tried to recall just where I may have put them. I finally called and left my customer a voice mail, saying I would have to forego the raindrop therapy and just do a therapeutic massage unless she wanted to re-schedule. She was very cordial and we did the regular massage, but I was sooooooo upset! Never in my almost ten years of being in business have I been so embarassed at my own unprofessional behavior. I was dejected. I had another raindrop therapy session scheduled on Monday, so I only had the weekend to find my materials. I had a horrendously busy schedule this weekend, so I knew Sunday evening would be it - going through boxes, going back over everything in the shop if necessary, etc. At the core of my being, I was also upset because I couldn't remember moving the book. As I get older, one of the most difficult things for me to deal with has been losing the "edge" so to speak of my brain capacity. Sometimes, I am in a "brain fog" and can't see out! That is unusual and very unsettling for me. Anyway, making a long story longer (as I am so gifted at doing!) I asked God to help me - to let the book turn up or help me remember where I had put it. So today Tracey and I had been in Decatur and were about 2 or 3 blocks from my home when a bright red cardinal flew across the other lane and literally slowed down in front of Tracey's car as if to say "make sure you see me!". He was intentional. Now, I know Native Americans believe that when an animal crosses your path or comes near you, the Creator (God) is trying to send you a message. I have a book that tells alot about animals and what we can learn from them, thus if one comes by me in such a manner, I look it up. So, I told Tracey I would look up cardinals when I got home and call her because this bird definitely had a message for one of us. After getting settled in, I went to the bookcase where I put books of this nature and lo and behold, 2 books over from the Animal Speak book was, yep - you guessed it! The book and notes I needed for my raindrop therapy treatment! I was flabbergasted! I have no idea how it got there, who put it there, or how long it's been there. I would never have looked there, either, because I don't ever separate my work materials like that. This normally would have stayed with my work supplies. Amazing. Unexplainable, except to say that God heard my cry and helped me out. Now, if you are a person who believes in coincidences (I do not), that's fine, but here's what I believe: that to get my attention and help me out in a most unusual way, God cared enough to send a cardinal across south 14th street in Pekin today. I feel very honored and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment