Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oh my!


To quote my sister-in-law, Vicky, pictured above, "ai-yi-yi"! Today while paying for my groceries, I dropped my wallet and every single little parcel of paper fell out of it onto the floor. The guy behind me in line said, "oh, it looks like you're having the same kind of day I've had". However, no one, not one single person offered to help me as I dropped my chunky frame to the floor and picked it all up. The cashier did say, "did you get everything off the floor?", but other than that, everyone was just slightly annoyed that I was taking extra time. Hmm. I thought. What would I have done? I would like to think that I would have at least offered to assist someone in that position. It wasn't a big deal, as there was nothing of real importance in there (I'd already given the lady all my cash for the groceries!). It just made me start thinking again of how things have changed and how most of us are so "unaware" of the plight of our neighbors, so to speak. We are a very "unconnected" society these days. Lost is the notion that what we do and say (or don't do and say) affects others around us. Here's hoping my deeds and words affect those around me in a positive manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment