Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Activity galore!

Wow - I've been so inundated with things to do, I haven't even had time to write here on my blog - which, by the way, has become a fun thing in my day to do. Even if no one reads my writings, it has kinda given me a little insight into what's stirring on my insides. Anyway, of course, the holidays are what's front and center on everyone's minds right now, and I'm no different. We also have alot of other things happening in our family right now, health wise and job (or shall I say jobless!) wise, so there's lots to be thinking about, organizing, analyzing, and just plain tending to. So even though most of us would say right now that our lives in one way or another are not what we consider ideal; i.e., we need a financial blessing, we need a healing physically (or emotionally), our children have needs - whatever it is - we still, I am confident, have many more things we can be thankful for. Here's a short general list to prod your memory: we live in America, where we can pretty much do and say whatever we want, including where and how and when we choose to worship God; we can see, we can hear, we can touch, we have food to eat, a place to live, friends and family to share with, cars to drive, computers to communicate on, clothes to wear - not only 1 coat for most of us or 1 pair of shoes, (except for me because I still haven't had time to pull everything out of that closet!) but several coats and shoes to pick from - the list goes on and on. We have so much to be thankful for, not the least of which, of course, we think of especially during this season of thankfulness, is God's gift to us through his son. May you all eat your fill tomorrow with thankful hearts, drinking in the euphoric feeling of breaking bread with family and friends, who are, as you know, priceless. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment